Sunday 28 September 2014

Yummy Porcelain

I have been working a bit more on some commercial bits, really enjoyed making these mugs and can't wait to glaze them! Working in porcelain is so lovely and this will defiantly be what I carry on back in London. Just when you look at it next to another piece in stoneware for me the porcelain is a clear winner every time! 


 Below are some little vases I have been experimenting with. I think the textures have worked well and my plan is to glaze the similar to my rock pots with a shiny transparent glaze all over and highlight the barnacled with some darker glazes and oxides.


Below are some glazed pieces which I put in the kiln last night so they should be ready to take out monday morning! A combination of matt and shiny glazes with a stripe of gold, so looking forward to seeing the results!


No comments:

Post a Comment