Monday 15 September 2014

Glaze Glaze Glazing




Always a tense moment when loading the first glaze firing! Put the kiln on saturday morning and opened it up this morning with much excitement! Got some great results, I made a few crystalline glazes up which turned out lovely in some of the porcelain pots so I will now be adding this inside more of my inclosed forms for a fun surprise. 




The blend of glazes on my taller pieces worked well with the red/orange coming through where it mixes with the unglazed clay which is great as I was trying to get that effect to link with the lovely coloured granite they have in Guernsey. My main issue at the moment is getting the pieces to dry before they can go in the first firing. Even though the weather has been lovely and sunny and I have had them out in the sun with a bit of a breeze, I think the air must just be a bit too humid which is slowing the process of getting finished pieces out to experiment with. Thinking 6 weeks was loads of time, when working with clay there are some things you just can't rush!

                                                 

                                   












No comments:

Post a Comment