Wednesday 3 September 2014

Morning runs and potty days


  On Tuesday morning I braved my first Guernsey run whilst trying not to get too lost. Came across a beautiful reservoir and got a great view of the sea as well. So nice being able to go on countryside runs again and makes it more exciting finding new areas. Going on these morning runs is making me really keen to get in the studio with new exciting ideas.





I invested some time into making lots of test tiles with the new clay I have a nice light buff stoneware, raku clay, white throwing earthernware and my favourite the lovely porcelain. I also started mixing up some new glazes so I have a good selection to choose from when I get to the glazing stage. 

I am currently just waiting for my second class of the week to arrive. Last nights classes went really well, introduced some slab building techniques, constructing and using moulds. The students made a great selection of quirky dishes, vases, paint brush pots with some lovely textures and patterns. 


No comments:

Post a Comment