Sunday 21 September 2014

Guernsey Bean Jars


Since I have been in Guernsey a few people have mentioned these Guernsey Bean Jars. They used to be used all the time for this traditional Guernsey dish, however now the pottery that used to make them has closed down. So I had a little play and tried to recreate some of my own. I think they came out quite nicely and looking forward to glazing them! Going to try and make a few larger ones next week as well. 


My rock pots came out! I have been working on these little pots playing around with shapes and colours. These where the first few and I am quite pleased! I have made some in porcelain and with some added barnacles! I like the plain outside and the fun surprise on the inside. Inspired by the lovely rock pools all around and the excitement you get from peeking in them.


No comments:

Post a Comment