Thursday 11 September 2014

Sunny September days



This afternoon was a hot and sunny one in Guernsey so I thought I would make the most of it while its still like this! So I left the studio after lunch (not going to miss on the fab free school lunches!) We went for a lovely bike ride down to Fermain Bay which was stunning and got our watercolours out and had a paint, I don't think I have done this since I was little and mum used to try and get me and charles good at the whole painting and drawing thing but I enjoyed playing with clay too much! Anyway we attempted and it was fun while we tried!




I promise I will get more work and studio pictures up soon! Had a great class last night coil building and the students made some lovely pieces and they are getting really into it now as well. Below is a bit of a hint of what I have been upto , working on a rocky series of lots of different shapes and sizes that will be in a group inspired by the lovely bumpy and random shaped cliffs here. Second bisque firing is going on now and then the glazing will begin on the weekend… eek exciting! better potter on now…..


No comments:

Post a Comment