Wednesday 1 October 2014

Students work


Some of my students finished work. They were very excited to see the finished pieces, especially when none of them believed me that the dark grey and odd colours they were putting on would come out like the test tiles alongside.. but they did! Some lovely coil pots and slab built items. They are getting really stuck in now and keen to carry on though so thats great but sad we only have a week left!



A couple of pictures of some finished bean jars, lots more been glazed today and in the kiln so will have a big selection of colours and styles so that they are all different and unique! 



A full kiln today of lots of exciting glazed pieces. Glazing always takes longer than I think it will and its not something I like to rush having spent all that time working on them. Looking forward to seeing how the mugs come out with their different coloured handles and some taller pots with barnacle textures. Like waiting to open your presents on christmas day!
I can't believe how fast the time has gone by either! Trying to get everything thrown and turned by the weekend so that it can be fired and glazed all in time before I leave next Sunday.. eek! Each time something comes out the kiln I want to add or change or develop on to something else but need to concentrate on completing everything ready to come back to for my exhibition next year!



No comments:

Post a Comment